11 March 2009

Green Whatever Cards are Coming!

As I sit here writing this post the wheels are in motion for what promises to be a very exciting new venture. I want to thank all that have showed their interest and support for what is going to be a great new part of the journey....

My interest in producing an environmentally conscious card is close to becoming a reality. I have worked long hours over the last several months to make sure that my product meets all the standards of being "GREEN". One that does not harm our planet, one that uses natural resources, one that protects our forests and our wildlife. I believe that with the help of some very talented people we have done just that.

In this process, the selection of a printer that meets all those requirement is not an easy process. But, I have found a local printer that prides themselves on being an environmentally friendly. The discussions with them over the last several months has given me great insight to this "green" printing process. My new product "greenwhatevercards.com" will meet very stringent regulations on being green. A term which you all will become familiar with over the next several weeks as we introduce our cards is "triple certification" This is key! Triple certification means that the "Sustainable Forestry Initiative (sfiprogram.org), The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (pefc.org) and the Forest Stewardship Council (fscus.org) have verified that this product is made soley from paper/ink and packaging that will not harm the environment. Sustainablity is very important in this verification process.

Now, we have established that "greenwhatevercards.com" is a green product. But, what exactly is a "whatever card?" Simply, it's whatever you want it to be. A "thank you" , a "Happy Birthday", a "Just for being you"....The cards will feature some of my favorite images of nature that I have photographed. The first edition will have images from our beautiful South Florida surroundings. I truly hope that you will enjoy this first series.

Please stay tuned to this blog and other announcements that will list the official places that you can purchase your set of Green Whatever Cards. Again, thanks for your interest!! Thomas
Posted by Picasa

No comments: